Friday 9 November 2012

Research and Planning - Redraft of Magazine


Here I have re-drafted my magazine. Firstly on the front cover I had decided my three colour scheme to use choosing the colours red,purple and white. From the interview I did with my target audience purple was a colour which they did choose and it also was one of the most popular colours chosen in my questionnaire along with red. However, there were also other suggestions such as blue and pink, but I have decided not to use those colours as I think that the colour pink is too feminine and I want my magazine to appeal to different types girls whether they are feminine or not. I also chose the colour red for the same reason and because I think it compliments the colour purple nicely. I had also chosen the masthead of my magazine which is "LOUD". I chose this because, pop music tends to be rather loud and upbeat so it suits the genre of the music magazine, also it links to the theme of music being a word you associate with music. Furthermore, from the interview with my target audience I have added more cover lines and on my other draft there weren't many so I decided to increase the amount, and I have also written the types of stories that are going to be on the front cover, such  as "update on the charts" and "exclusive behind the scenes". I have chosen to keep the main image on the front cover as a female although from my interview I found out that they wanted a male, I chose to do this because from questionnaire results a female on the cover was the most popular.

I have also changed the contents page. I did this by rearranging the image to be at the centre and also 
another image to be placed near the bottom. I did this to make the amount of images and text to be balanced however, I may even add more images as Pop magazine have many images on the contents page. From my interviews people had also said that they want to see more information on what would be on the magazine, I have done this by adding information such as "new albums out/singles" to give 
an idea of what is going to be inside the magazine further on. I think this draft is also better than my last draft as by changing the layout it is more clear about the way it's going to be stand and a rough outline of what it's going to look like.

The double page spread I have kept it the same in terms of what it is an interview however I had decided to change the layout. I have added more information and images, instead of having a page with an image I have added text to the page and a smaller image, and in the next page having two extra images. However, I might  change this when making my magazine by having a page with just an image, as I have seen this on other pop magazine interviews and just pop magazine pages, and having the other page to be the same layout as the one above, as my target audience did say that they 
want to see a lot of images and not just text.

No comments:

Post a Comment